The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party is seeking to appoint a West of Scotland Regional Campaign Manager. Working closely with other Scottish Conservative campaign staff, each Manager will provide focus for campaign priorities both during and outside of election periods.
They will ensure effective campaigning is taking place including delivery of leaflets, canvassing and tele canvassing. Developing relations with all Associations through regular telephone, email and face-to-face contact and reporting any operational difficulties to the Scottish Director.
This role is ideally suited to an ambitious campaigner who enjoys a wide-ranging role, and has the ability to manage a number of campaigning projects at any one time.
Duties will include:
- Attending Association meetings to ensure staff are familiar with local key personnel / activists
- Campaigning for votes in non-target areas where the 2nd vote is needed
- Campaign support for Scottish and Local Government elections
- Overseeing the selection of Local Government candidates in every seat
- Working closely with MSPs and elected representatives of all levels
- Ensuring production of regular direct mail across the region
- Producing reports to the Scottish Director on all campaign activity
- Organising action days and mutual aid for target seats
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent political judgement and interest of the Conservative Party
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work independently and part of the team
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Experience and interest in wider political roles is desirable
How to apply:
Please download our application form here
Please download our Equal Opportunities form here
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Friday 23rd August 2019.
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 30th August 2019, please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and point on merit.