An exciting opportunity has arisen at Conservative Campaign Headquarters in the Press team as a Late Duty Press Officer.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing detailed media summaries for Conservative Members of Parliament, Cabinet Ministers and CCHQ staff
- Dealing with enquiries from the media
- Producing transcripts of political interviews
- General administration tasks
Capabilities and skills required:
- Excellent written and transcribing skills
- Solid organisational and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent political judgement
- Ability to work independently out of normal working hours
- Adaptable to changing tasks as needed
- Willing to develop and take forward new initiatives
- A commitment to the Conservative Party
- A degree or equivalent
- Experience in a wider political role is desirable but not essential
This is a full time role where you will be expected to work five nights (Sunday to Thursday inclusive), 45 hours per week.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Tuesday 31st July 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 7th August 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.