We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Software Tester to join our Party Information team based at Conservative Campaign Headquarters. This will cover a maternity contract on a full-time basis. Reporting directly to the Test Manager, together the team is responsible for testing and feeding back on the party’s ERM database systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to devise, assess and implement solution. This is a role that requires excellent organisational skills, familiarity with testing and ideally some knowledge of SQL.
The responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Manual testing of new features
- Test case recording and tracking
- Cross-browser testing
- Regression testing
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks simultaneously
- Skill to create and track test cases
- Good understanding of data quality, data life cycle, and metadata management
- Capability to demonstrate fast turnaround in delivering solutions
- Knowledge of database structural elements
- Aptitude to understand complex product requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible attitude and willing to take direction and act upon advice
- A friendly and approachable manner, with good communication skills
- Strong team player, capable of mentoring members of the team
- Ability to create test cases
- Methodical manual testing ability
- Understanding of web testing such as security, performance and cross-browser
- Articulate scenarios which cause software
- Must be able to clearly document test cases
- ITSQB or equivalent testing certification
- Knowledge of testing tools or technologies would be an advantage
How to apply:
Please download our application form here.
Please download our Equal Opportunities form here.
Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Tuesday 5th November 2019 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 12th November 2019 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.