An opportunity has arisen to join Conservative Campaign Headquarters as Head of Operations and Regional Media, to cover a nine-twelve month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Director of Campaigning, this position will suit people who are politically astute and have experience of managing large-scale events and visits.
The role will involve:
- Preparation, planning, organisation and delivery of Conservative Party events, tours and visits
- Proactive interaction with the media to ensure publicity for Conservative Party events, tours and visits
- Coordinating the Conservative Party’s regional press operation
- Managing a team of events & visits staff and regional press officers
- Managing the relevant budgets
- Accompanying and staffing Conservative Party events, tours and visits
- Logistics and organisation of travel arrangements for Conservative Party events, tours and visits
The successful candidate must possess:
- An ability to think and work to strict and sometimes very tight deadlines, to work accurately and with good attention to detail
- An ability to use initiative and prioritise tasks
- Sensitivity, judgement, and be a team player
- Flexibility in working patterns and hours (including some weekend work) and be prepared, on occasions, to work early mornings and evenings and stay overnight away from home
- Political awareness and a commitment to the aims of the Conservative Party
- Discretion and awareness of the need for strict confidentiality
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here
Please submit this to Recruitment@conservatives.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Thursday 9th August at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 24th August please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.