Head of Candidates
Conservative Campaign Headquarters are seeking a Head of Candidates to lead the Candidates’ Team to ensure candidates are available for Parliamentary, Police & Crime Commissioner and Mayoral seat selections and liaise with the Director of Candidates and Communities, and senior staff on seat selections.
They will lead on behalf of the Board and Candidates Committee on processes to be followed by Associations when selecting Candidates and monitor their performance once selected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Candidates’ Team to ensure candidates are available for selections
- Monitor performance of selected Candidates and provide ongoing advice and support
- Draft all selection processes for approval by the Candidates Committee in consultation with the Director of Candidates and Communities
- Arrange a mentoring scheme for candidates
- Prepare the budget and maintain in consultation with the Director of Candidates and Communities
- Carry out full debriefs following Parliamentary Assessment Boards and Panels
- Identify and arrange training needs for PAB Panel Assessors
- Work closely with the Director of Candidates and Communities in preparing a programme of outreach engagement
- Initiate new ideas for developing procedures within the team
- Maintain overview of Team workload and prioritise progress
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong political knowledge, understanding and judgement
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- A commitment to the Conservative Party's aims and values
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to HR at CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Tuesday 22nd May 2018
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 29th May 2018]please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.