An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Conservative Campaign Headquarters team as Head of Business Engagement to cover a nine- twelve month fixed term contract due to maternity leave.
You will be working with businesses as well as in a political environment as we seek to strengthen relations between business and the Conservative Party, with a focus on small to medium and family run businesses.
- Work with the Party Chairman, Chief Executive, the Party’s Vice Chairmen, and the Party Treasurer to organise regular business engagement events with senior political and business figures to strengthen relations between the business community and the Party
- Manage, update and expand a comprehensive database of business contacts
- Organise ‘Business Day’ at the Conservative Party Conference, working closely with the Vice Chairman - Finance
- Develop new business engagement streams
- Work well with others across the Party and Government as part of the wider business engagement programme
- Support constructive and informed discussion within the Party on issues impacting on the business community
- Establish relationships and ongoing dialogue with business organisations, employers’ groups and individual business leaders, encouraging strong partnerships and collaboration
- Organise meetings for Parliamentarians and other Party elected representatives
- Encourage our MPs to set business clubs in their constituencies
- Work with Communications and Digital teams to improve external communication supporting the Party’s business initiatives and policies.
What we are looking for:
- An interest in business and politics
- Exceptional communication and written skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, confident in dealing with business leaders and senior stakeholders
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good political judgement
- The ability to work independently
- A commitment to the Conservative Party.
- Proven track record of organising events
- Experience of working in commercial business
- Experience in business and/or stakeholder engagement
- Experience in event planning and execution
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here. Please submit this to email@example.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Tuesday 10th July 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 17th July 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.