The Conservative Party is seeking a qualified finance manager to support the functions of the Registered Treasurer.
The successful candidate will form part of the Party Finance Regulation team, fulfilling the regulations under PPERA (2000).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day management and recording of Party spend working closely with the Party’s CFO and Finance team.
- Working closely with the Registered Treasurer to ensure an accurate return for any regulated periods.
- Working alongside the CCHQ finance team to prepare Party returns
- Seeking to create best practice and full knowledge of statutory requirements across all staff
- Creating an effective reporting system with our Accounting Units
- Improve the financial resources for our Accounting Units
- Working across all departments to look at their budgeting, spending and accounting practices in line with the relevant statutory requirements
- Responding to and working with our regulators
- Collating and supporting Accounting Units with their annual accounts
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the legislative framework for Party Spend
- Experienced accountant with relevant qualifications
- High level of accuracy and accountability
- Ability to challenge existing behaviours and practices to improve standards
- Ability to work under pressure and to legal deadlines
- Good communication skills
While knowledge of the Party and its organisation is desirable it is not essential.
How to apply:
Please download our application form here.
Please download our Equal Opportunities form here.
Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Tuesday 5th November 2019 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 12th November 2019 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.