Conservative Campaign Headquarters are seeking an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to work within the Conference department.
This role is very hands on as you will need to stay one step ahead, organise and support the Head of Conferences as well as ensure the department is running smoothly.
It is an exciting opportunity for a well-organised administrator with strong interpersonal skills and would ideally suit a PA that is looking for the next step in their career.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as PA to the Head of Conferences providing diary management, dealing with general enquiries and administrative support
- Overseeing the departmental diary and co-ordinating meetings for the team as well as organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Being the Primary point of contact for external stakeholders as well as CCHQ staff.
- Handling email correspondence and complaints
- Manage bookings in the Conference Hotel as well as CCHQ Staff accommodation at the Party Conference
- Taking and writing up meeting minutes and Board Reports
- Overseeing Conference finances including raising POs, reconciling bank statements, submitting credit card receipts, and ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Working with the Accreditation Team to assist with the database management, processing passes and contacting delegates for further information where required
- Attend the Party Conference and provide ad hoc support as needed throughout
To succeed in this role, the successful applicants will require:
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills with the ability to work to a deadline
- A friendly, outgoing personality and experience of building solid working relationships
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Database management
- A “can do” flexible professional approach
- Confidence with making and receiving phone calls
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional and punctual
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- A commitment to the values of the Conservative Party
Due to the natural of this role occasional travel may be required
How to apply:
Please download our application form here
Please download our Equal Opportunities form here
Please submit this to email@example.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Friday 29th March 2019 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 12th April 2019 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.