This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled communicator to work across the whole range of communication methods, contributing to increasing the profile of the Mayor and his work for local communities. You will be working with a wider team to produce content for use across all communication mediums including press, print and digital.
You will also work closely with elected Conservatives and Conservative candidates in the region.
The role is preferably full-time but we welcome applicants seeking part-time or job-share roles where there maybe complementary skills from two applicants.
You must have access to your own vehicle.
The role will include:
- Creating and managing a photo library and database Generating and localising content to deploy through all mediums.
- Driving content, organic growth and engagement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Generating material for the local media and working with the CCHQ Regional Press Officer.
- Supporting literature production.
- Supporting the Party and its candidates develop more digital campaigning activity and capacity – including building up a network of people to share digital material.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent photography skills
- Ability to write well for different mediums.
- Videography ability and digital proficiency
- Attention to detail with a creative mind
- Political awareness and sensitivity
- An ability to work quickly under pressure and to prioritise on competing tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Good organisational skills
- Very strong IT skills.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here.Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by 6th August 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Thursday 9th August 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
Interviews will be held in Birmingham on Thursday 9th August.