Watford Conservatives are looking to appoint a Campaign Manager who can help develop a local campaign in a hard fought three-way marginal constituency. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious individual who thrives on a wide-range of challenges.
Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so you would be working in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same. You will be prepared to provide hands-on-sleeves-rolled up support and go over and beyond to get the job done.
Working with our local volunteer teams, you will be responsible for developing our activist networks and building our campaigning structures. You will also lead our voter contact programmes, with the expectation that you will produce regular local campaign literature and develop a solid online presence.
- As Campaign Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of both the parliamentary and local campaigns – including finance, local press, field, research, new media, and legal/compliance
- You will be reporting to Richard Harrington MP and the Chairman of Watford Conservatives
- You will be expected to implement the national Conservative Party Campaign Strategy in Watford
- You will be in charge of formulating a winning campaign plan for candidates that connects them with local voters, and promotes the key messages of the Conservative Party
- You will need to manage a campaign budget
- You will be expected to determine where to target resources
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams and delivery networks, including motivating people
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Hold meetings with community groups and local stakeholders to build relationships
- Ensure that the candidates and the MP maintain a high profile
- Managing postal vote recruitment and Get Out The Vote campaigns
- Organising political meetings and events
- Executing Election Day operations
All this work is focused on building a well-organized and efficient grassroots operation for Election Day
The ideal candidate must:
- Have extensive experience in campaigning
- Be able to work independently to deliver on targets
- Have proficient digital skills, including InDesign, and Mailchimp
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and communication skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Thursday 13th December 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.