Huntingdon Conservative Association is looking to appoint a Campaign Manager or Organising Secretary.
The successful applicant will be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role.
The varied role of a constituency-based Campaign Manager or Organising Secretary includes responsibility for the following:
- Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with the local MP
- Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams
- Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organising political meetings and events
- Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Producing local Party literature and building delivery networks
- Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Executing a full ‘get out the vote’ operation on polling day
- Working with Association Officers in producing and delivering a campaign plan for the Constituency
A Campaign Manager must:
- Be a self-starter
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
- Able to work within a team and autonomously and take responsibility for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- Flexible approach to out of hours working patterns
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th June 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 6th July 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.