We are seeking to appoint a Borough Campaign Manager who can help us develop our local campaigns across Cheshire. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals who thrive on a wide-range of challenges.
This is a frontline campaigning position, where your interpersonal skills will be crucial.
Working with our local volunteer teams and elected representatives, you will be responsible for developing our activist networks and building our campaigning structures. You will lead our voter contact programmes and organise a comprehensive fundraising programme. You will produce local campaign literature and develop our online presence.
What you will be doing
Responsibilities will include:
- To develop an on-going programme of incumbency activities
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organise high-profile political meetings and events
- Create a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Produce local Party literature and build a delivery network
- Maintain and expand a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Plan and implement a full “get out the vote” operation on polling day
What we are looking for
Skills and capabilities:
- Well organised with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivation skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
What we will provide
- A full training programme will be provided, together with an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Benefits, which include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a pension, various salary sacrifice schemes (childcare, cycle to work, interest free season loan ticket) plus more.
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary.
How to apply:
Please download our application form here.
Please submit this to Recruitment@conservatives.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by 30th August at the latest (early applications are welcome). We would be looking to hold the first round of interviews week commencing 2nd September.
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by 9th September, please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.