Conservative Campaign Headquarters are looking to recruit Battleground Managers for England and Wales, as part of a wider network of senior professionals throughout the country.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using opinion research, canvassing and your own political experience to develop long-term plans for campaigns.
- Taking a leading role in communicating the Party’s political and campaigning priorities to the voluntary Party, advocating the latest campaigning techniques.
- Working with our Voter Communication team to drive forward target seat selection, , message development, and research throughout the country.
- Developing specialist skills in working with seats, in incumbency and campaigning against opposition parties.
- Working closely with the Party’s professional campaign staff, media and research teams, to implement agreed strategies.
- Taking a leading role in Parliamentary By-election campaigns.
The ideal candidate will match the following skills and capabilities:
- An ability to work as a self-starter and independently with low supervision as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with great time management
- An excellent understanding of modern campaigning techniques
- Good analytical skills
- An ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid leadership and implementation skills
- Good IT skills
- A flexible approach to out of work hours
You will need to be flexible in your working hours as evening and weekend working will be required. On-going training will be provided in various aspects of this role.
Successful candidates will receive a salary in the range of £45,505 to £50,295, dependent on skills and experience.
The role involves regular travel and you may also be required to stay away from home and your normal place of work. It is essential that you are both a car driver and have access to a car. Business mileage will be fully reimbursed.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please download our application form here.Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Friday 31st August 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Friday 7th September 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.