A number of exciting opportunities have arisen with the Conservative Party for the position of Area Campaign Manager.
Area Campaign Managers will have responsibility for all front-line campaigning activity across all levels of elections - and building a platform for the next General Election.
Responsibilities will include:
- Line managing all employed staff in your campaign area.
- Implementing the national Conservative Party campaign strategy in your campaign area.
- Developing the skills and competencies of staff within your team
- Working cohesively with Campaign Managers to formulate and put in place a campaign plan and budget for their candidates and elected representatives.
- Implementing advice from Battleground Managers on the latest campaigning and voter communication techniques.
- Working with line managed staff and volunteer structures in your Campaign Area on membership recruitment, fundraising and organisation building.
- Working with regional press office staff to gain positive local media coverage for your campaigns.
- Building relationships with all levels of elected representatives and volunteers alike, across your Campaign Area
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Demonstrable experience of line managing a team
- Able to work autonomously while simultaneously collaborating effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- A “can do” flexible professional approach
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, drive hard to completion and deliver effective results
- Good organisation skills and strong attention to detail
- Flexible approach to out of hours working patterns
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
This role will require you to be flexible in your working hours as evening and weekend working will be required. On-going training will be provided in various aspects of this role.
Successful candidates will receive a salary in the range of £37,050 to £40,950, dependent on skills and experience.
How to apply:
Please download our application form here.
Please download our Equal Opportunities form here.
Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Monday 25th March 2019 at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by Monday 8th April 2019 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.