So how strong is UK employment now? Well the latest official jobs figures, released in January by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), show Conservative policies are working.
New figures show that employment is at a record high, and wages are rising at their fastest pace in a decade, meaning more people than ever before have the security of a regular pay packet as we help people into work and back businesses across the country.
Conservatives are helping people into work by reforming welfare so work always pays, while backing businesses to create more, better paying jobs across the whole country through our modern Industrial Strategy.
2. Employment: A record high of 32.53 million up 328,000 over the last year and up by 3.49 million since 2010).
3. Employment rate: 75.8 per cent (up 0.4 points over the past year and up 5.5 points since 2010.
4. Unemployment: 1.37 million (down 68,000 over the past year and down by 1.14 million since 2010).
5. Unemployment rate: A record low of 4.0 per cent (down 0.2 points over the past year and down 3.9 points since 2010) – halving since 2010 (8.0 per cent).
6. Youth unemployment: There are over 428,000 fewer young people out of work since 2010 – almost halving since 2010.
7. Disabled people: Almost 1 million disabled people (973,000) have entered work since 2013, as we are breaking down the barriers to employment facing disabled people.