Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, delivered his Autumn Budget and Spending Review, setting out how we will build back better from the pandemic by creating a stronger economy for the British People. We will deliver a high skill, high wage, high innovation economy where no one is left behind and every part of the UK is levelled up, all supported by world-class public services.
Just a year ago we were in the middle of the worst recession in 300 years. But we created an ambitious Plan For Jobs which is seeing us recover faster than our major competitors, with more people in work and growth up. This Budget and Spending Review will allow us to maintain this progress with a stronger economy for the British People by:
- Strengthening our public finances, ensuring debt is falling again, and rebuilding our resilience;
- Helping working families meet the cost of living and supporting vulnerable households;
- Supporting businesses with post-Brexit tax reforms, tax cuts and incentives to invest;
- Delivering stronger public services across all departments; and
- Driving economic growth – by investing in infrastructure, innovation and skills.
It is a bold budget which drives us forward by: investing in innovation and skills; delivering world-class public services; backing business; helping working families with the cost of living; and by levelling up across the UK with massive investment in infrastructure among other major initiatives helping to build back better and greener.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s Autumn Budget and Spending Review can be seen in full here: