I was elected MP for Newark at the by-election of June 2014, and again at the general election of May 2015.
As the son of a secretary and a small businessman, and now as a husband and father myself, I understand the value of hard work, the importance of education, and the security of a good job.
This understanding will guide me as I fight for the issues that matter in our area – including:
- Banging the drum for businesses to invest in Nottinghamshire and bring more good jobs to the area
- Ensuring we have the transport infrastructure our growing community needs
- Fighting for improvements to local schools so our children get the best start in life
- Protecting the vital health and public services we all rely on
- Ensuring those that come to this country make a contribution and play their part
- Fighting for the best deal for local farmers to ensure a thriving agricultural economy
- Safeguarding the Nottinghamshire countryside from unwanted development
I'll stand up for businesses, schools and local services, and be the MP that our area deserves.
Things have been improving locally under the Conservatives in government – and I'll work hard over the next five years to ensure things keep getting better.
Postcode to constituency lookup provided by They Work For You.