I was first elected MP in 2010 and have been working hard for Newton Abbot ever since.
My family roots in Devon go back 200 years. I know our community inside out and the issues that matter most to my fellow residents.
It’s my job to fight for those issues – and that’s what I’ve tried to do.
Since 2010, I have:
- Secured improvements to broadband - helping residents and businesses.
- Campaigned successfully for a University Technical College – it opened its doors in January 2016. The UTC helps our young people succeed in the world of work.
- Delivered the South Devon link road – to reduce congestion in Kingskerswell Village and boost the local economy.
- Secured better healthcare for the elderly – I meet regularly with local providers to discuss how services can be improved for those in need.
- Campaigned hard for fairer funding for education – children deserve to receive the very highest standard of education and I am working hard with Ministers and stakeholders to achieve that in Teignbridge.
- Campaigned to fix our railway – the transport Secretary has committed to fixing the problems surrounding our railway and ensuring its long term stability. I will be working to make sure these commitments are delivered.
- Established an All Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Health and Social Care - to develop policy recommendations for the government on rural health and social care.
- Established an All Party Parliamentary Group on Business Brexit – to better understand the challenges and opportunities for businesses of all sizes after Brexit.
A lot has been achieved since the last election but there’s still more to do. In this Parliament, I pledge to keep working hard for the whole community in Newton Abbott.
Postcode to constituency lookup provided by They Work For You.