It has been an honour to represent the people of Solihull, I have worked hard to make sure your voice is heard at Westminster.
As a campaigning Member of Parliament, I’ve fought for local concerns on many occasions. Here are just a few:
- Defending Solihull’s independence, making sure that the new West Midlands Combined Authority doesn’t take powers away from our town hall
- Fighting for fairer education funding, and an end to Labour’s unfair system that left local schools out of pocket
- Standing up to local bus companies to make sure that residents’ concerns about changes to their routes and timetables are acknowledged and acted on
I’m also taking the lead on some important initiatives in Parliament:
- Using my experience as a financial journalist to take the lead in Parliament on finding new ways to protect elderly and vulnerable citizens from fraudsters
- Conducting a special Parliamentary investigation into high-cost lending and alternative finance, and producing a report on how to crack down on unfair practices
- Co-authoring and helping to introduce a landmark Homelessness Reduction Bill, introducing more ways for councils to help people before they end up on the streets
- Speaking up for our servicemen and women, and urging the Government to do more to crack down on so-called ‘tank-chasing’ law firms
My life has been about working hard and getting on – I was raised on a council estate by a single parent, and have made my way in life through hard work. I’m proud to be able to put that work ethic to use serving my community.
Postcode to constituency lookup provided by They Work For You.