More families with the security of a pay packet each month. The best schools and skills for young people. An economy that delivers for people who want to work hard and get on in life.
Since becoming Prime Minister in 2010, I've been working through our long-term economic plan to build a stronger, more competitive economy and secure Britain's future.
Our plan is working:
- The deficit has been reduced by more than a third, as we deal with our debts and safeguard our economy for the long term
- We've frozen fuel duty and cut income tax for over 25 million people, helping you and your family be more financially secure
- 1.75 million new jobs have been created, as we back small businesses and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower jobs taxes
- We're capping welfare and controlling immigration, so our economy works for those who play by the rules
- 2 million new apprenticeships are giving young people a good start in life
But there's still much more to do.