Tony was a senior lecturer and Honorary Visiting Fellow at Kingston University Business School and a former Governor of the University. He is a Member of the Employment Tribunals of England and Wales.
Tony was GLC member for Surbiton between 1983 and 1986. He was first elected a Councillor for Hampton Wick in 1971. He is a Councillor in Richmond upon Thames Borough. Tony was Leader of Richmond Council 2002-2006.
Tony Arbour is a Justice of the Peace and Assistant Chairman of the Richmond upon Thames Bench.
He was vice-chairman of Kingston & Richmond Family Health Services Authority.
He has a vast historical and local knowledge of South West London.
He has four children, and has been a parent governor at local schools.
Hobbies include collecting first editions, carbooting, and ebaying.
Tony Arbour's Experience
Constituency: South West London (consisting of Hounslow, the Royal Boroughs of Kingston upon Thames and Richmond upon Thames)
Elected: 4th May 2000
• Business Management Appointments Committee
• Confirmations Hearing Committee
• Economic Development - Spokesman
• London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA)
• Planning & Housing Committee
• Standards Committee
Key issues and concerns:
• Improving the environment and safety of the boroughs of Hounslow, Kingston upon Thames and Richmond upon Thames.
• Greater London planning matters.
• Improving access to the River Thames and increasing its use.
• Cutting police bureaucracy and red tape and using the police to make London safer.
• Transport issues.