Conservative Campaign Headquarters
Political Press Adviser (Late Duty)
A vacancy has arisen for a Political Press Adviser working to the Director of Communications at CCHQ. The role will involve working alongside the Research Department and the relevant Government Departments and providing late duty press office management.
Promoting the political work of Government Ministers and co-ordinating the political media coverage of Ministers in conjunction with Special Advisers.
Principal roles and accountabilities:
• Providing political communications support to Government Ministers
• Liaising with departmental Special Advisers, campaign teams and the political office
• Generation and placing of Ministerial political stories for print and broadcast media
• Attending and leading political media coverage of Party Conferences
• Assisting backbench MPs with regional media and Government lines
• Promoting political activity across the departmental portfolios
• Liaising with and supporting other Political Press Advisers in CCHQ
• Handling newspaper first editions
• Taking urgent calls
• Advising on evening broadcasting
Capabilities and skills required:
• Experience of media handling and news placement
• A degree at 2:1 or equivalent
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Excellent political judgement
• Ability to work independently
• Experience in political roles desirable, but not essential
• A commitment to the Conservative Party
If you have the skills required to succeed in this role, please visit www.conservatives.com, and click on ‘Jobs’ to download our application form. Please submit this to email@example.com or send to Fiona Allmett, CCHQ, 30 Millbank, London, SW1P 4DP, by midday on Wednesday 12 December 2012.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by 20 December please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
12 December 2012